On May 29th members of Kent Roller Girls will be skating a marathon at the South Coast Roll in aid of Canterbury Food Bank.
The South Coast Roll is an annual event held at Goodwood race track in West Sussex. Those aiming to skate a full marathon (that’s 26 miles!!) need to complete 11 laps of the undulating track, whatever the weather. Last year saw our skaters battling strong winds and rain so we’re hoping that things improve on that front this time round!
Continue reading KRG skate a marathon!!!
This February we are aiming to collect 500 foody things to donate to Canterbury Food Bank
In order to collect enough variety of goods, and in an attempt to get everything CFB needs for their parcels, we’ve given each day of the week a theme…
- Macaroni Monday (think all things pasta and rice)
- Tin Food Tuesday (tuna, tomatoes, vegetables, beans, soup and such like)
- Wash Up Wednesday (cleaning products and washing powder and toiletries)
- Thirsty Thursday (no alcohol allowed, just drinks like tea, coffee and fruit squash)
- Baby Food Friday (speaks for itself, but you could always throw some nappies and wipes in there too!)
- Sweet Things Saturday (rice pudding, biscuits and custard)
- Sweetcorn Sunday (for everyones favourite tinned veg)
But don’t feel you have to stick to our plan, any donations are welcome at any time.
You can either give your donations to the Kent roller girl of your choice, or get in touch with us on any of our social media platforms and we’ll arrange a rendezvous.
CFB has specific things that they are in desperate need of for their clients, so please have a look at the list below before parting with your hard earn cash. And please ensure any donations have at least 3 months left on their best before date.
Continue reading 500 Foody Things!!!
We are really excited to be supporting Canterbury Food Bank this year.
They are a community project and registered charity, who provide emergency food parcels to individuals and families in short term financial crisis across the Canterbury District (Canterbury, Whitstable, Herne Bay and surrounding villages).
We’re hoping to get involved in food drives, raising funds and volunteering at various events over the next 12 months, so look out for details of what we’re up to and how you can help on our Facebook page.